Can You Use Vinyl Flooring In The Bathroom?
Bathrooms are one of the first places owners look to renovate when redecorating their home. A chic, modern bathroom creates plenty of appeal for potential buyers and keeps the design aesthetic of the whole home flowing from room to room.
When choosing new flooring for your bathroom or ensuite, there are plenty of smart and sophisticated options available. Instead of using traditional tiling, more people are choosing to elevate the look of their bathrooms with vinyl flooring.
Why Vinyl Flooring?
Bathrooms are one of the most heavily trafficked rooms in the home. They’re used every day, get exposed to all kinds of dirt and grime and liquid spills, and withstand a wide range of beauty and cleaning products.
Bathrooms need to be resilient to this kind of daily use. They need to be waterproof (to prevent costly damage), stain-resistant (to reduce maintenance and replacement costs), and simple to clean (so you can get on with the more important things in life!)
When it comes to ticking all these boxes, vinyl flooring is a fantastic choice for bathroom renovations and those building new dwellings.
What Are The Benefits Of Vinyl Flooring?
There aren’t many types of flooring that can withstand the vigorous uses of a bathroom, but vinyl flooring is a solid choice. Vinyl flooring provides:
- Moisture resistance – bathrooms fluctuate in temperature and moisture. While timber flooring looks fantastic in the home, it can be a nightmare to deal with in wet spaces. Timber holds moisture, which can cause it to expand and warp. Vinyl flooring remains stable throughout the year, no matter how steamy or wet your bathroom gets.
- Slip resistance – wet floors are hazardous, which in a bathroom full of glass, metal fixtures, and porcelain can be incredibly dangerous. Vinyl flooring comes in different finishes, which can reduce instances of slippage (even in wet conditions).
- Design appeal – vinyl flooring can give the same elegance and beauty of timber or stone flooring but at a fraction of the cost.
- Easy installation – vinyl flooring comes in sheets or planks and can be installed professionally, or with care as a DIY project.
- Budget-friendly – bathrooms are expensive to renovate and build. Vinyl flooring is a great choice for people who want a cost-effective solution that delivers a sophisticated and visually appealing design.
What Type Of Flooring Shall I Choose?
When designing your bathroom, you’ll need to decide what type of vinyl flooring would best suit your needs:
Traditional vinyl – traditional vinyl is soft underfoot and makes a great alternative to hard tiles. Traditional vinyl flooring comes in your choice of sheets or planks.
Luxury planks – these look similar to wooden floor boards, but are made up of different composite layers that create a hard-wearing, natural-looking surface.
Hybrid vinyl plank – a durable, impact-resistant type of flooring, hybrid flooring features the look of luxury vinyl planks while having a more rigid core.
Need help choosing the right flooring for your bathroom? The friendly team at Parry’s Carpets can walk you through the various styles and options available, so that you can feel confident in knowing your bathroom will look spectacular for years to come.
Read More Blogs
Key Reasons to Replace Carpet!
At Parrys, we’ve been helping people with their flooring since the 80s and have heard...Keep Reading
Getting the Most out of Your Carpet: Use the scraps!
Have you just updated your floor coverings and have fresh carpet offcuts on your hands?...Keep Reading
Things to Look for When Finding your Flooring Supplier
When it comes to investing in new flooring for your home, it’s often something you...Keep Reading