Here’s everything you need to know about hybrid floors: what they are, how to care for them, and what maintenance they require.
What is hybrid flooring?
Hybrid flooring is a recent flooring innovation. It combines the strengths of laminate and vinyl to create a rigid floating floor that can be easily installed throughout a premises.
Parry’s hybrid flooring is made from Quantum Core Limestone and PVC Composite which together provide unparalleled durability and impact resistance. The unique formula enhances its rigidity under all temperatures, ensuring minimal contraction and expansion.
Post-installation care of hybrid flooring
While hybrid flooring is incredibly durable, it still benefits from some care and maintenance.
- When moving heavy furniture or appliances across hybrid flooring, avoid dragging or pushing lest you create scratches or gouges.
- If an item must be dragged or pushed, use a mat or towel beneath the item to facilitate smooth movement and protect the flooring.
- Not enough people know that heavy furniture can do damage even when it is stationary. To help protect your floor, install rubber floor protectors under your larger household items. If your furniture is on wheels, ensure the wheels themselves are suitable for a vinyl floor.
- You should avoid exposing your hybrid floors to intense heat, such as cigarette ash. It can cause permanent singe marks that damage the floor.
Post-installation maintenance of hybrid flooring
As with any floor, careful cleaning and maintenance will extend the lifetime of your hybrid flooring. Here are some everyday tips for caring for your floor.
- To avoid bringing dirt and sand indoors, install a suitable floor mat with a non-staining and non-marking backing at each entrance to your premises.
- You should sweep or vacuum your hybrid floors regularly to avoid the buildup of dirt and grime. When vacuuming, ensure you’re doing so without the beater bar engaged – this will prevent accidental scratches.
- All spills should be wiped up immediately. This prevents water or chemical damage to your floors. When cleaning spills, avoid using abrasive scrubbing tools or cleaners on your floors.
- While our hybrid floors are waterproof, this doesn’t prevent the transmittance of moisture. Care should be taken to keep liquids from collecting on either side of the planks. This will prevent the growth of mildew and mould.
Our product warranty
Here at Parry’s, we take pride in our products. This is why our hybrid floors come with a guarantee that includes all manufacturing defects for 25 years for residential installations and 10 years for commercial installations.
Know your hybrid floor care regimes
Properly caring for your hybrid floors will ensure they stay clean and pristine for decades to come. No, the maintenance isn’t much and the dos and dont’s list is pretty short, but cutting corners and skipping on regular sweeping really will accelerate wear and tear.
And if you’re having problems cleaning your hybrid floors, then get in touch with the friendly team at Parry’s and see how we can help you.