Parrys is one of the biggest stockists of laminate flooring in Perth
Our range of laminate flooring
Highly durable, 8mm laminate flooring is one of the most common options. Parry’s is one of the biggest stockists of flooring in Perth, browse our wide range of 8mm laminates today!
At the top of the spectrum, 12mm laminate flooring offers more durability and a more natural feel but also comes in at a higher cost than the thinner options. For people looking for that hardwood underfoot feel, the 12mm laminates match up perfectly.
What is laminate flooring?
Laminate flooring for your home is a great way to achieve a wood-like look. This option is an inexpensive and durable alternative to hardwood flooring. This flooring is made from at least 4 layers of material to form a firm and durable type of flooring.
- A wear layer of durable plastic that protects the layers below
- A pattern layer that gives the floor its attractive appearance
- A core layer made of high-density fiberboard (HDF) to give the floor its heft and shock absorbance
- A balancing (or backing) layer that works as a moisture barrier and stable base
Timber laminate flooring is a popular solution for those who want the aesthetic of hardwood or stone flooring without the exorbitant price tag.
Need help choosing?
We have a great range of competitively priced laminate flooring available in our Parrys warehouses all around Perth.
Would you like to know more about the product that is making waves across Western Australia? We answer some of the most commonly asked questions about laminate flooring below in these resources.
- Buyer’s guide to choosing laminate flooring
- Laminate versus engineered wood: what’s best?
- What are laminate AC ratings?
- What are the different types of laminate floorings?
Read more laminate guides or ask an expert.
Laminate flooring FAQs
What are the pros and cons of laminate flooring?
- Laminate is simple to install, easy to clean and maintain.
- Laminate is also more impervious to dents and scratches than hardwood.
- It is available in a variety of designs to meet your unique taste and preference.
- Installation of laminate does not require a huge amount of floor preparation.
- Laminate is an inexpensive flooring option.
- Damaged timber laminate planks cannot be sanded or refinished.
- Laminate cannot be cleaned with excess water.
How much is timber laminate flooring?
Laminates vary in cost. Pricing is mainly driven by the thickness and the Abrasion Class rating (AC). Parry’s laminate flooring options range from as little as $19.90m2 to $36.90m2 for our premium options. Visit our Special offers page for our laminate deals and pricings.
What is a good thickness for laminate flooring?
You’ll find laminate flooring in different thicknesses, including 8mm and 12mm. It’s important to note that thickness does not translate into quality and durability, however, thicker options are less prone to warping. Read more on laminate thickness.
What is better laminate or vinyl plank flooring?
It depends mostly on your taste and preference. Generally, if you want a cost-effective option, then you’ll choose timber laminate. However, when it comes to the waterproof aspect, vinyl plank flooring wins. As for looks, you can find authentic wood-like in both types. Both choices are great options and the final decision can often come down to the look you are going for in your home.
Read more on laminate versus vinyl flooring.
Is there such a thing as waterproof laminate flooring?
Laminate flooring is typically not waterproof. This being said, manufacturers have embraced advanced technologies to make laminate flooring more water-resistant. Today, you will find many laminate floors with moisture protective core and surfaces, but they’re not fully waterproof.
Note: laminate combined with vinyl can form hybrid flooring, which is 100% waterproof.