Our range of laminate products
Laminate flooring for your home is a great way to achieve a wood-like look. This option is also an inexpensive and durable alternative to hardwood flooring.
What is laminate flooring?
This flooring is made from several layers of material to form a firm and durable type of flooring. Our laminates have at least 4 layers.
- A wear layer of durable plastic that protects the layers below
- A pattern layer that gives the floor its attractive appearance
- A core layer (also called a substrate) made of high-density fiberboard (HDF) to give the floor its heft and shock absorbance
- A balancing (or backing) layer that works as a moisture barrier and stable base
Timber laminate flooring is a popular solution for those who want the aesthetic of hardwood or stone flooring without the exorbitant price tag.
Laminate flooring choices
Highly durable, 8mm laminate flooring is one of the most common options. Parry’s is one of the biggest stockists of flooring product in WA, browse our wide range of 8mm laminates today!Parry’s is one of the biggest stockists of flooring product in Perth, browse our wide range of 8mm laminates today!
At the top of the spectrum, 12mm laminate flooring offers more durability and a more natural feel but also comes in at a higher cost than the thinner options. For people looking for that hardwood underfoot feel, the 12mm laminates match up perfectly.
Need help choosing?
We have a great range of competitively priced laminate flooring available in our Parrys warehouses all around Perth.
Want to know more about the product that is making waves across Western Australia? We answer some of the most commonly asked questions about laminate flooring below in these resources.
- Buyer’s guide to choosing laminate flooring
- Laminate versus engineered wood: what’s best?
- What are laminate AC ratings?
- What are the different types of laminate floorings?
Read all more laminate guides or ask an expert.
Laminate flooring FAQs
What are the pros and cons of laminate flooring?
- Laminate is simple to install, easy to clean and maintain.
- Laminate is more impervious to dents and scratches than hardwood.
- It is available in a variety of designs to meet your unique taste and preference.
- Installation of laminate does not require a huge amount of floor preparation.
- Laminate is an inexpensive flooring option.
- Damaged timber laminate planks cannot be sanded or refinished.
- Laminate cannot be cleaned with excess water. Minimal use of water is highly suggested when cleaning.
How much is timber laminate flooring?
Laminates vary in cost. Pricing is mainly driven by the thickness and the Abrasion Class rating (AC). Parry’s laminate flooring options range from as little as $19.90m2 to $36.90m2 for our premium options. Visit our Special offers page for our laminate deals and pricings.
What is a good thickness for laminate flooring?
You’ll find laminate flooring in different thicknesses, including 8mm and 12mm. Laminate flooring thickness does not translate into quality and durability, however, thicker options are less prone to warping. Read more on laminate thickness.
What is better laminate or vinyl plank flooring?
It depends mostly on your taste and preference. If you want a generally cost-effective flooring option, you’ll choose timber laminate. When it comes to the waterproof aspect, vinyl plank flooring wins. As for looks, you can find authentic wood-like in both types. Both choices are great options and the final decision can often come down to the look you are going for in your home.
Read more on laminate versus vinyl flooring.
Is there such a thing as waterproof laminate flooring?
Laminate flooring is typically not waterproof. However, manufacturers have embraced advanced technologies to make laminate flooring more water-resistant. Today, you will find many laminate floors with moisture protective core and surfaces, but they’re not fully waterproof.
Note: laminate combined with vinyl can form hybrid flooring, which is 100% waterproof.