Parrys is one of the biggest stockists of carpet remnants and rolls in Perth!
Our range of carpets
Parrys supplies a choice of carpets that are either cut pile, loop pile or a combination of the two styles such as cut-loop carpets . Our collections also come in different textures and fibres so you can choose from wool carpets, solution dyed nylon carpets and cost-effective polypropylene carpets. Our Parrys stores in and around Perth carry both stock rolls and room size remnants to suit your budget.
Cut pile carpets are manufactured by cutting the yarn loops which produces an upright pile that has a more luxurious, formal look than loop pile.
Cut Pile Twist
- Constructed with a higher twisted yarn
- Textured appearance
- Hard wearing and maintain their finish
- Less likely to show traces of shading or tracking
Cut Pile Plush
- Carpet pile stands upright
- Smooth velvet surface; soft and luxurious look
- Tendency to display temporary shading from vacuuming and footprints
- Formal look, sometimes called a velour carpet
Loops of yarn create a stylish finish with a soft, smooth feel and can have a range of distinctive patterns created by a combination of higher and lower loops.
Level Loop Pile
- As name suggests, carpet pile forms a loop
- Hard wearing
- Do not have tendency to show tracking (footprints)
Level Loop & Cut Pile
- Combination of level loop and cut tufts
- Stylish finish with a soft, smooth feel
- A range of distinctive patterns and colour combinations
Hi/Low Loop Pile
- Constructed with loop piles of varying heights
- Textured finish look
- Exceptionally Durable
- Textured loops in straight lines
- Heights of loops can be varied to produce different patterns and textures
- Classical appearance
- Adapts well to almost any interior designs
Need help choosing?
Carpets are available in a wide choice of colours, fibers, materials and finishes. If you are unsure of what type of carpet will work best for your residential needs and personal preferences, we have put together these handy resources to help you choose.
- Guide to carpet styles: Cut Pile Plush, Twists, Loop Piles & More.
- Guide to carpet fibres: Natural Wool, Nylon & Polyester.
- How to buy the right carpet?
How wide are carpet rolls?
In Australia, the standard width of a carpet roll is 3.66 metres. However, it happens that some carpet styles are produced in widths of 4 metres. Width measurements mainly depend on the types of machines used to produce carpet rolls and most machines are built to allow 3.66 metres of carpet to be manufactured.
Who will install my new carpet?
At Parrys, we offer a carpet installation service as part of the sales package or after-sales service. You can discuss details of our carpet installation service with one of our Parrys sales consultants during the sales negotiation.
Note thall all Parrys carpets should be installed on a new underlay that is compatible with the quality, and proposed use of your carpet.
Do I need a special vacuum cleaner for different types of carpet?
We recommend that you use a different vacuum cleaner for different styles of carpet. For low cut pile carpets, use a vacuum cleaner with a rotating brush that agitates the pile and loosens the soil for easier carpet maintenance. For loop pile, cut-loop pile or berber carpet, turn your vacuum cleaner’s brush off or change the head to prevent excess fuzzing.
Why does the carpet colour in stores look different at home?
Lighting can change your perception of carpet colour, making particular areas look like they are lighter or darker than others.
In addition, foot traffic applies pressure on your carpet causing the piles to lie in different directions which creates the effect of “shading”. Note that shading does not have any detrimental effect on the performance of your carpet.
Will I see the joins in my carpet?
Like the joins you can see in furniture fabric, the same is happening for your carpet when two cut edges come together to make one surface. Different styles of carpet join better and are less visible than others. Unfortunately, nobody can guarantee joins that are completely invisible.